The Oklahoma Coalition for Affordable Housing has a National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF) INTERN position available to an individual seeking practical experience! The Oklahoma Coalition for Affordable Housing is a statewide, nonprofit membership organization dedicated to affordable housing issues (www.affordablehousingcoalition.org)
This position will assist the Coalition with hosting and disseminating information about public input sessions, and coordinating community forums for the NHTF Rules and the NHTF Allocation Plan. The INTERN will work closely with Board of the Coalition and will also coordinate with the National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC) and the Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency (OHFA) which will administer the NHTF in Oklahoma. This is a chance to work on public policy with a seasoned team of professionals representing the Coalition including, The Mental Health Association Oklahoma, Midwest Housing Equity Group, DeBruler, Inc. and many others who are represented on the Board of Directors.
The project time period is June 1-August 31, 2016. Intern reports to the Coalition’s Chair of Government Affairs.
The selected individual will spend his/her time coordinating, attending, summarizing, and writing a final comprehensive reports regarding the outcomes of the public input sessions and tracking changes for the NHTF as additional federal guidance comes out of Washington, D.C. Dates and tasks are flexible and would not preclude an intern from doing other work.
An intern will gain experience in a flexible corporate environment working on a project team, creating status reports, maintaining project documentation, participating in and documenting meetings, opportunity to form professional contacts and networks while learning about the affordable housing industry.
· Coordinate with the Coalition, the NLIHC and OHFA to facilitate multiple public forums for gaining input on the NHTF.
· Report on all activities to the Chair of Government Affairs
· Attend Coalition Board meetings, providing written and oral updates on activities related to the NHTF.
· Public Input Sessions responsibilities include assisting team with preparation of event packets, handling event promotion, summarizing each event, gathering
and analyzing participant feedback. Assist with social media outreach. Participate in team planning meetings; work with leaders to create agendas and document meeting notes. Provide comprehensive final report of Public Input Sessions by August 31, 2016. (Estimated time: on-site 5 days; 5 days off-site Total Stipend $2,000)
· Documentation of public input duties could include creating an online polling system to collect ideas and comments from members, summarizing the data, presenting results to members. Based on feedback gathered on write a final report on comments received. Final report due by September, 15, 2016. (Estimated time: 3 days Total Stipend $1,000)
· Enrolled in college or a recent graduate with an emphasis in Political Science, Business, Social Work, Communications or Planning
· PC skills including Excel and Word; with some exposure to using on-line survey tools
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
· Excellent organization skills
· Ability to work in a flexible self-motivated environment
· Must have own transportation and computer with software
· Carpooling to some locations will be available
· Business or Business Casual Attire will be expected at events
· The Coalition will pay for Intern to attend the OKC Chamber’s Greater Grads Intern OKC program, if desired
· Academic Credit: The Coalition is willing to assist Intern in receiving academic credit for the Internship
Please email your resume and at least three references to: Gregory A. Shinn, MSW, Chair, Government Affairs, Oklahoma Coalition for Affordable Housing: gshinn