The U.S. Conference of Mayors and Wells Fargo have issued a request for grant applications for their Community WINS (Working/Investing in Neighborhood Stabilization). The program offers $1 million in funds, spread among six winners.
The deadline is MARCH 17TH.
Nominations must come from the city government. Every member city of the USCM is eligible to apply. Contact your mayor’s office as soon as possible if you are interested.
The eligible programs must address one of the following categories:
* Neighborhood stabilization – projects designed to stimulate growth, stability, and assist in removing blight and
* Economic development – projects designed to promote business development
* Job creation – projects to aid in local job creation or assist in job training
All programs must be initiated with the full support of the mayor to be eligible, including those developed and
implemented in collaboration with the private sector, community groups, and other partners.
Cities applying for the award must be in good membership standing with USCM.
There will be two awards for large cities (over 250,000), two for medium sized cities (75,000 to 250,000) and two for small cities (under 75,000).
Applicants will be judged on the following criteria:
- Innovative ideas that can be replicated
- Demonstrate Mayoral collaboration with the non-profit to help strengthen communities
- Project’s ability to complete within designated timeframes
For details and a copy of the application form click here.