The Affordable Housing Tax Credit Coalition (AHTCC) is currently accepting entries for the 24th Annual Charles L. Edson Tax Credit Excellence Awards. The awards recognize Housing Credit properties that represent outstanding achievement in affordable rental housing development in each of seven categories:
- Developments located in a Metropolitan Area (minimum population of 50,000 or Standard Metropolitan Area);
- Developments located in a rural area (maximum population of 50,000);
- Special Needs Housing – without regard to development location;
- Senior Housing – without regard to development location;
- Veterans Housing – without regard to development location;
- HUD Preservation Properties – without regard to development location; and
- Public Housing – without regard to development location.
Qualifying projects must have been placed in service on or after January 1, 2015. Previous winners or honorable mention recipients are not eligible to apply. Winners will be recognized at an awards ceremony in Washington, DC, in June 2018, featuring members of Congress.
Entries are encouraged from state Housing Credit allocating agencies, governmental agencies, nonprofits, syndicators, investors, or development owners. Entries must be emailed to awards or postmarked by close of business on March 26 and sent directly to AHTCC. The entry form is available here. For more information on the awards, visit www.taxcreditcoalition.org/awards.