The new ineligible areas will become effective on June 4, 2018.
On June 4, 2018, the new ineligible area maps for the Rural Development Single Family Housing (SFH) and Multi-Family Housing programs will be updated to the USDA Income and Property Eligibility Site at https://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov. The current maps will be moved to the "Previous Eligibility Areas" tab.
Guaranteed Rural Rental Housing Program (Section 538)
On June 4, 2018, all properties for new applications must be located in an eligible rural area based on the new eligibility maps. However, a property that is located in an area being changed from rural to non-rural may be approved under the circumstances listed below:
- If a Notice of Funding Availability (NOSA) response or an application is received before an area’s designation changed and the property is in the newly designated non-rural area, a loan guarantee may be made for that property if it meets all other eligibility requirements.
- A Notice to proceed with full application may be issued to lenders for properties in a non-rural area if the NOSA was received before an area’s designation changed and the property is in the newly designated non-rural area.
- New conditional commitments may be issued on properties in non-rural areas if the NOSA or application was received before an area’s designation changed and the property is in the newly designated non-rural area.
- Existing conditional commitments will be honored.
- Subsequent loans may be made on a property that already has an Agency loan to: (1) make rehabilitation/repairs (section 515) or (2) refinance a guaranteed loan with a new guaranteed loan if it meets all other eligibility requirements
For Program Information: