From our friends at OK Policy Institute:
Numbers of the Day
· 27.3% – Percentage of mothers of infants and toddlers in Oklahoma reporting less than optimal mental health.
· 82% – Share of Oklahoma state legislators who are non-Hispanic white, compared to 67% of Oklahoma’s population that is non-Hispanic white.
· -82% – Change in new multifamily housing permits issued in Oklahoma in Q4 2018 compared to the previous year.
· 9th – Oklahoma’s rank for least equitable state tax system in the nation.
· $2,496 – Average amount less of per pupil funding that high-poverty, nonwhite students receive in Oklahoma compared to high-poverty white students.
Weekly What’s That
The emergency clause is a provision included as part of a bill in the Oklahoma Legislature that allows it to become effective immediately upon the signature of the Governor or at a specified date. Emergency clauses require two-thirds approval by both houses and are voted on separately and subsequently to the vote in favor or against a measure. Click here to read more about the emergency clause.