OKC & MWC Temporary Rental Assistance

For those who live in Oklahoma City and Midwest City who suffered financial losses from the coronavirus may be eligible for emergency payment of rent, mortgage, and utilities through the Community Action Agency (CAA) of Oklahoma City and Oklahoma and Canadian Counties Incorporated.

Applications are being accepted both online and in person.

Those who apply must provide copies of utility bills, eviction notices, and the amount they are behind on their bills.

Jessie Thompson, executive director of CAA of Oklahoma City, said that a family of four’s income cannot exceed $59,500 per year to be eligible.

There is a limit of $1 million in funding available for Oklahoma City residents and just over $235,000 for Midwest City residents, so Thompson said that people should apply as soon as possible.

The funds come from Community Development Block Grant funds designated for coronavirus recovery by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

Oklahoma City residents can earn up to $3,600 per household while those in Midwest City can earn up to $1,000 per household.

CLICK HERE for more information.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.