Reminder and Update on Mayor Sign-On Letter in Support of Affordable Housing Credit Improvement Act (AHCIA)
Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan, in partnership with the ACTION Campaign, is leading a mayoral sign-on letter to support the recently reintroduced bipartisan, bicameral AHCIA of 2021, S. 1136 and H.R. 2573.
Please help us in building support for the AHCIA by asking your mayors to sign-on to the letter. The following mayors have already signed-on:
- Mayor Joe Begeny, Reynoldsburg, Ohio
- Mayor Kate Gallego, Phoenix, Arizona
- Mayor Michael B. Hancock, Denver, Colorado
- Mayor Jim Kenney, Philadelphia Pennsylvania
- Mayor Adam Paul, Lakewood, Colorado
- Mayor Ben Walsh, Syracuse, New York
- Mayor Corey D. Woods, Tempe, Arizona
Mayors can contact Ayrianne Parks at aparks to add their name or ask questions about the letter. The deadline for signatures is Monday, May 3. Check out lasy year’s letter and be sure to mention to your Mayor if they supported in the past.
Another great way to build support for the AHCIA is to encourage your partners to join the over 2,400 businesses and organizations who are already members of the ACTION Campaign. Membership is free! Please use the following messages on Twitter and LinkedIn to help us build support for ACTION:
- Join us, along with 2,400+ businesses & orgs, to support the #AffordableHousing Credit Improvement Act. Become a free member of ACTION now to show your support for the #HousingCredit rentalhousingaction.org/join
- #AffordableHousing Credit Improvement Act = est. 2 million homes for families, veterans, seniors, homeless youth and others. Join @HousingACTION for news on all things #HousingCredit & #AHCIA: rentalhousingaction.org/join
- The Affordable Housing Credit Improvement Act (AHCIA) of 2021, S. 1136 and H.R. 2573, was introduced on April 15. Join +2,400 businesses and organizations who support #AffordableHousing and the AHCIA. Membership is free and ACTION is the resource for custom #AffordableHousing advocacy materials and support, plus the latest news and updates on all things #HousingCredit http://rentalhousingaction.org/join