|With the federal CDC eviction moratorium expiring on July 31, NLIHC calls on state and local partners to ensure that: 1) tenants and landlords in need know about and can access ERA; 2) ERA applications are flexible, streamlined, and low barrier; and 3) ERA programs are connected to other tenant protections and ultimately successful in preventing evictions.
Each webinar will address one core focus area of the ERASE Call to Action: that ERA programs are visible, accessible, and preventive.
“Visible: Ensuring Equitable Outreach, Marketing and Targeting of Emergency Rental Assistance” on July 28, 2021, 3-4:30 pm ET
This webinar will focus on tools and best practices that emergency rental assistance programs should incorporate to ensure outreach efforts and resources are effectively reaching neighborhoods and communities, including communities of color, with the greatest risks and needs for assistance.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Peggy Bailey, Senior Advisor on Rental Assistance, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Moderator
- Barbara Poppe, National Homelessness Expert and Former Executive Director of USICH
- Samantha Batko, Senior Research Associate, Urban Institute
- Terry Hickey, Deputy Director of Housing and Community Development at the Baltimore County Department of Health & Human Services
- Dr. Joel Arvizo-Zavala, Utah’s Division of Multicultural Affairs and Department of Workforce Services
- Santa Clara County Homelessness Prevention System