RECAP: May 17th: Annual Meeting: Economic Outlook, Housing and Health….understanding the connection
More than 90 advocates for affordable housing attended the Coalition’s Annual Meeting on May 17th. The meeting opened with comments from outgoing OHFA Executive Director Dennis Shockley who will retire in October. The crowd was also introduced to the new OHFA Executive Director Deborah Jenkins followed by informative presentations from Chad Wilkerson and Steven Shepelwich with the Federal Reserve Bank (FRB) of Kansas City. Click on their names to see their presentations. Enjoy photos from the event.
Current Coalition President Wanda DeBruler and Past President Andrea Frymire remarks including “Year in Review” information for activities, events and state of the Coalition. The Coalition received approval from the IRS to operate as a 501 (c) (6) organization and in 2016 the Coalition received $60,306.08 in income from membership and sponsorship income and paid out $52,729.25 in expenses providing a net income for 2016 of $7,576.83. To recap:
- 2016 OCAH Website: 5,603 views, 2, 595 visitors and 321 posts published. Calendar of Events included five OCAH events, six Regional Housing Forums, posting of 23 government meetings and events, 30 free webinars, 8 legislative update calls, 30 free in person trainings, 17 conferences and training opportunities and one ribbon cutting.
- The Coalition ended 2016 with 54 organizations as members which included 17 sustaining members, 24 active corporate members, 11 active nonprofit/housing authority members and 12 general affiliated members.
- SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
Premier: Midwest Housing Equity Group
Gold: Advantage Capital
Silver Sponsors: Enid Regional Development Alliance; Mental Health Association Oklahoma; Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency; SDG Architects; Sugar Creek Capital; Riggs, Abney, Neal, Turpen, Orbison, & Lewis; Twain Financial, Volunteers of America Oklahoma
- Special THANK YOU to our Charter members. Without their initial investment, the Coalition would not have been possible. American Equity Partners, Bank of Oklahoma, Belmont Development Group, Gardner Capital, Midwest Housing Equity Group, Sugar Creek Capital and Twain Financial.
August 2, 2017 – (Member ONLY Event)
2018 Oklahoma Tax Credit Luncheon (Qualified Allocation Plan) to review and discuss proposed Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency (OHFA) application changes and to form a list of consensus items for submission through the Coalition. Location: Ted’s Cafe Escondido Banquet Hall – 2836 Northwest 68th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73116.
Be the Voice. Be a Champion for Affordable Housing.
Join the conversation and be part of a coordinated effort on affordable housing. The Coalition for Affordable Housing invites members to a luncheon meeting on August 2, 2017 to review and discuss Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency’s 2018 DRAFT Low Income Housing Tax Credit Application.
Meeting objectives include:
- Review of the draft 2018 LIHTC application (Bring your own copy; www.ohfa.org)
- Collect member feedback
- Develop consensus comments from members
Arrive early for registration and to meet and mingle with colleagues. Join us, August 2, 2017, registration begins at 11:00, buffet lunch at 11:30 and discussion starting at noon!
Members are our strength!
Don’t miss this luncheon and an opportunity to provide feedback to OHFA. Your voice and participation is needed to ensure affordable housing is available for all Oklahomans!
Silver Sponsor: Volunteers of America
PREMIER SPONSOR: Midwest Housing Equity Group
August 2017 – September 2017: Regional Housing Educational Forums
Building Housing Development Capacity: Nonprofit and Community Toolkit will be will be held in Ardmore, Enid, Oklahoma City and Tulsa. Sponsors are the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, FDIC, and Midwest Housing Equity Group.
Click on the city to register
Thanks to our sponsors! This event brought to you by:
Oklahoma Coalition for Affordable Housing
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City – OKC Branch
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Cenrral Oklahoma Commercial Association of REALTORS®
Midwest Housing Equity Group
Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency
Federal Home Loan Bank of Topeka
Housing Opportunity Grant provided by the National Association of REALTORS®. Continuing Education: Five Hours of CE for attorneys, planners, real estate licensees and social workers is pending.
RECAP: Day at the Cap and Legislative Reception
Success! We hosted a successful 2nd Annual Affordable Housing Day at the Capitol where we provided a key opportunity to our members to meet with State Senator and Representatives directly to educate them on our efforts to provide safe affordable housing in communities across Oklahoma. Click here to download a PDF of the Affordable Housing Day Brochure.