2020 Legislative Policy
The Oklahoma Coalition for Affordable Housing (OCAH) is a 501(c)(6) membership organization that supports affordable housing for low to moderate income Oklahomans. Our members develop, finance and manage affordable housing throughout the state using a variety of financing resources. We believe investment in affordable housing is an essential ingredient in the economic development of our state.
OCAH monitors legislation regarding property management and the Oklahoma Landlord Tenant Act. The following Legislative Policies outline our 2020 Legislative Agenda.
- The production and preservation of affordable housing.
- The Fair Housing Act and the federally protected classes.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act.
- The use of the Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards for design and construction.
- Affordable housing opportunity and affordability throughout the state.
- Expanding resources and finding new ones.
- Ad valorem tax reform that assures fair and accurate assessment, levy and collections procedures to encourage affordable housing.
- State programs that provide resources to local governments and encourage collaborative and regional comprehensive planning.
- Regular updates to the Statewide Housing Needs Assessment.
- Stakeholder input into agency rules and programs via public hearings and public comment periods.
- Routine Fair Housing training for the affordable housing industry.
- Evaluating proposed housing construction standards through the Uniform Building Code Commission.
OCAH opposes legislation that:
- Interferes with or delays policy impact by stakeholders.
- Reduces funding for affordable housing.
- Interferes with an agency conducting business to fulfill its mission.
- Negatively affects housing affordability.