Job and Board of Director Openings
Members of the Oklahoma Coalition for Affordable Housing may post openings free. Nonmembers are invited to join the Coalition to benefit from this member only opportunity. Please click on the “Membership” tab.
Oklahoma Leasing & Compliance Associate
Excel Development Group – Oklahoma City, OK
$45,000 – $50,000 a year
Available immediately, for a full-time leasing & compliance associate position in our Property Management division. Competitive salary, holidays, sick leave, vacation and insurance benefit options available. Position offices in Oklahoma. Some daytime travel, company vehicle provided. Occasional over-night travel, company pays all travel expenses.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Processes applications for occupancy for Low Income Housing Tax Credit and HOME properties, on a timely bases (normal turn around 2-3 weeks start to finish); conducts third party verifications to determine applicant eligibility for occupancy, answers prospective tenant questions regarding the application process and is a crucial part of team effort to maintain 97% occupancy.
- Is a part of the team to maintain active waiting list for all properties.
- Assist with representation of Excel and non-profits in the tenant file audits and physical inspection of facilities by funding agencies to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for the lease-up and move-in activities for both new construction units and existing vacant units in Oklahoma.
- Enters data into the Property Management software.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
Ability to read and understand regulations pertaining to the federal low income housing tax credit program, HOME, FHLBank and other federal, state and/or local funding sources, property management etc., as typically acquired through completion of an Associate Degree in marketing , business, real estate, or related field.
Ability to maintain multiple properties in compliance primarily with tax credit regulations; however, some properties will also have HOME, FHLBank and other federal, state and/or local funding source requirements, syndicator policies and procedures, etc.
Problem Solving / Analytical skills are a must to ensure compliance with related federal, state and/or local government regulations, and assess qualifications of tenants.
Must be a high energy self-starter with the ability to learn quickly.
Must be flexible and have ability to lease-up multiple properties simultaneously, and in compliance with tax credit and other funding source regulations; state agency, funding sources and syndicator policies and procedures, etc.
Must possess personal computer skills including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software.
Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Interpersonal skills necessary to discuss application process with prospective tenants, answer questions and address problems and concerns of tenants, etc.
Must possess a concern for meeting the needs of low income residents.
Must be friendly, courteous and able to work with housing residents in a patient, non-threatening way.
Must be willing to travel. Both day travel and occasional overnight travel. Day travel could be up to 75% of work week on average. Overnight travel should be minimal; however, state agency trainings for all states will be required and may be a week at a time considering travel and training together. May need to work occasional evenings and Saturdays.
Attention to fine detail for up to 90% of work time when processing tenant applications, etc.
Ability to walk or stand up to 10% of work time when inspecting properties.
Ability to lift up to 30 pounds for up to 5% of work time when assisting with setting up ground breaking / ribbon cutting ceremonies, loading and unloading of vehicles when traveling, etc.
Must have and maintain at all times, a valid Driver’s License and must have proof of a good driving record.
Benefit options available
- Group Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short & Long term disability paid by Excel
- 401 k (Company currently matches 25% of employee contribution up to 3% of salary. The company match is elective from year to year.)
- Cafeteria Plan ( flex spending including up to $390 /yr. provided by Excel)
- 1 ½ hours for every 40 hours worked (equivalent to 9.75 days per year)
- Sick leave can accumulate up to 30 days.
- Observe six major holidays New Years, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas (also Friday after Thanksgiving)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Leasing Tax Credit Properties: 2 years (Required)
- Tax Credit Compliance: 2 years (Required)
- Associate (Preferred)
- HCCP (Preferred)
- 50% (Required)
Brent Williams as the contact. Brent@exceldg.com. 402-434-3344
Regional Director of Housing (Volunteers of America Oklahoma)
Regional Director of Housing — Tulsa, OK
The Regional Director of Housing candidate will have a well-documented and proven ability to manage multi-site senior affordable housing portfolios in Oklahoma and Kansas.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree with COS and LIHTC certifications and 5 years of experience in progressively increasing areas of responsibility. The housing portfolio consists of HUD 202 and 811 properties. Extensive experience in MOR and REAC inspections. A proven ability to lead and motivate a team of housing professionals in Oklahoma and Kansas.
Our company offers a competitive salary, medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, and a retirement savings plan.
To view additional job and company information visit www.voaok.org.
Interested applicants may apply online at www.voaok.org/careers
Questions regarding position contact Anne at email@example.com